NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS

Far be it for me to reach into the larder and select a can of Heinz worms in tomato sauce and then apply the Brabantia can opener to them with the express purpose of opening said can, but, yesterdays post garnered some responses bordering on the hysterical. Oh, dear it seems that one must not, repeat, must not challenge the status quo vis a vis his nibs.

Of course his holiness is an exceptional player, and at present there is no argument that he is not the best player in the world. Although whenever these pronouncements are made it is usually designated to a player plying their trade in Europe, those actually playing in South America still remain rather unknown to most.

It’s also clear that Barcelona are the best team in Europe; they’ve proved that.

My point is still that being the best does not mean I have to like him; I don’t. That’s my opinion and I would guess that anyone who takes time to express an opinion in writing has the right, nay the duty, to write what they think.

Courting a little bit of controversy is not a bad thing and yesterday’s view certainly seems to have done that, thankfully. I will leave the predictable praise bordering on obsessional man love to Clive Tydsley whose commentary on the Champions League final was an excruciating example of obsequious flattery bordering on limerence, towards the diminutive doyen.

As for arsenalism; little old me will continue to write what I want, put it out there and see what bites.

Comments

Popular Posts