Skip to main content

BLAH BLAH BLAH

How I Feel @ 10:46

Another observation from the stoke city game is that some of my fellow supporters seem to be wearing Gravy stained glasses and wearing Baco-foil balaclavas. That’s the only conclusion I can draw from the continued character assassination that they carry out each home game against Theo Walcott. A group of supporters drone on for ninety minutes about Theo’s short comings, with the air of authority normally reserved for David Attenborough when explaining the gestation period of The Mountain Gorilla.

With much to be despondent about the targeting of Theo is not only counter productive but myopic. In the last two games it has gotten ridiculous and on a match day I feel like Basil in the scene in Fawlty Towers where he is trying to read Jaws and Sybil is reading a book smoking and eating chocolate while guffawing interminably, and then gets on the phone.

I wonder if it ever occurred to them that perhaps Theo has been charged with offering a bit of cover to Jenkinson and then Djorou, as they are not Bacary Sagna?

Has it ever crossed their minds that Theo is not a winger but a striker being asked to hug the touchline?

Has it ever entered their evaluation process that Theo has never caused the club a second of a minute of a problem since he’s been here?

I’m not mounting a one man crusade to defend Theo but I don’t think he’s any more or less consistent than a great many of the current Arsenal squad and as such his castigation is unwarranted. I don’t remember Adebayor getting this level of stick  during his time at the club when he completely stopped playing.
Can Theo do better? Of course but I would say, with the exception of RVP so could the rest of our squad.

I never get why some supporters just want to slag off their own. It seems contrary and destructive.

Have an opinion; yes, criticise at times; by all means? Support The Arsenal; always. Single out a player wearing an Arsenal, shirt who doesn’t deserve it; never.

Even though I'm getting cheesed off by them banging on in the vicinity of my ear hole I refuse to wear ear plugs, headphones or ear muffs but pretty soon I may just have to have a word in the shell likes of this group of loudmouths.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons to be cheerful?

So November arrives with cold weather and grey skies. Arsenal sit in 2 nd place with a great chance to make progress in the Carling Cup with a home draw against wigan Athletic. Poised to win   our Champions league group and with six months of the season left have 3 of our five tougher away fixtures out of the way, having taken a respectable 4 from 9. I say respectable as, the Man City away trip aside the draw at Anfield on the occasion of Hodgson’s first game was a good result and the Chelsea game I don’t think anyone can really speak of any injustice. That leaves away games at Old Trafford and Sp*rs (who as we know raise their game for this fixture). With injured players gradually returning and the Polish goalkeepers showing signs of optimism, we’re in relatively good shape. Or so you’d think. Yesterday at the Emirates West Ham were put to the sword late on after some stout defending, a good performance from Robert Green and a couple of missed opportunities. The level of indign...

There's something rotten in the state of Denmark

A number of blogs are pointing out what was evident to me yesterday; as a season ticket holder and Silver member i like thousands of others made plans to purchase an additional ticket for the Barcelona game using the frustrating and irritating online service, but guess what? no joy, just lots of waiting finger tapping and watching the dreaded 'loading' bar (to make matters worse I had asked my missus to do this as I was doing training). But no one got these additional tickets, that is no supporters judging by the general feedback! It seems to me that the additional seats will have probably gone to customers of a corporate nature. Ultimately for such a marquee (to use an American commercialism term) game I suspect that the club where never going to sell to supporters of the club, there is clearly a undercurrent at the Emirates that the club wants to have the stadium full of customers ie; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ognvWIwjKTQ The Emirates of the future? It will be interesti...

PERSONALITY TEST

Played 23, 10 defeats, 4 draws and 9 victories; that's the factual bit out of the way. What does that tell us? I guess it is a set of statistics that reasonably reflect a mid table team. How we got here is something that countless column inches and hours of debate have gone into. How we move forward is the bigger question. Naturally, learning from past mistakes is a key element to moving forward but have Arsenal Football Club done that? Have Arsenal Football Club realised that a clear vision and plan is needed? When you look at the current squad its relatively easy to see where the strenghts are, and the weaknesses. The manager too, has strengths and weaknesses but one thing that is intangible is the personality of the club. Not so much "where are we" as "what are we?" To know what the club is is to know what the upper echelons think, what their plan and philosophy is and how the manager processes  that information. We can assume that the club decision makers wa...